Driver Power State Failure is a common error for many users. Whenever we use a system, there are bound to be ‘N’ number of problems or errors that we face in our system. Driver power state failure error is one of them. Some of them are very easy and small that we fix them in easy go, and our system becomes ready to use again. There are also a few problems which are enormous and not easy to be fixed. One of them is power state failure Windows 7; this is a very big error to face, if you have ever received this error you must have known that this is an error which can destroy all your important data and can also make your system incompitantant to work.
You won’t be able to work on your system once you receive this error driver power state failure. This error comes with a blue screen which won’t let you go through your system.
6 Methods to Fix Driver Power State Failure Error
This error power state failure Windows 7, is a problem which arises when your system can’t interpret data between the driver and hardware. This situation generally occurs when driver and hardware are not incompatible with each other. You can solve this error power state failure Windows 7, by these following ways:
#1 Restart the computer
Sometimes computer itself repair the problem, for that you just have to restart the system. If this is a minor problem with the system, these error power state failure Windows 7 will be gone by the time your system gets restarted. If not, then you can follow the following steps to get this error fixed.
#2 Few more steps
To go through before you consider going to the next level troubleshooting:
- Make sure you are using the latest Windows 7 certified version of Symantec Endpoint Protection but if you continue to have problems consider alternative software. So just make sure that you are using a latest and genuine version of windows.
- Also, check if there is any driver or software is installed on your system which is causing this error. As there are few programs like ZoneAlarm, if you have that installed there can be issues with your system as ZoneAlarm has known to cause other issues with some 64-bit Windows 7 installations driver power state failure windows 7 blue screen.
If still this error of driver power state failure windows 7 blue screen persist then you should check if there are any more drivers are also creating any problem to the system. So just go through the below solution to get rid of your error.
#3 Update your driver
If your drivers are not up to date, then you can face this error, Windows driver power state failure. There is a way to keep this error at bay by updating your drivers. You can update your drivers manually or automatically. Updating your driver will help your system to stay away from the error windows driver power state failure.
Update driver automatically
- Click on start menu
- Click on all programs
- Select windows update
- Select change settings
- Click the option Install updates automatically (recommended)
- Click on ok
These steps will make sure that your drivers are updated automatically, and you won’t have to face any error like windows 7 driver power state failure, in the future.
There is also a way you can update your driver manually if you do not want regular updates for all the drivers and would like to update the ones that you think require updating, just follow the steps below to avoid error windows 7 driver power state failure, and update your driver manually.
- Click on start menu
- Now Click on control panel
- Click on system and security
- Select device manager
- Select a device from the list
- Double click on device’s name
- Select driver tab
- Select update driver
Above are the steps you can use to update your drivers manually and avoid facing the error driver power state failure.
#4 Removing and reinstalling the driver in safe mode
This method will let you know how to remove the problematic driver and reinstall this in safe mode:
- Restart the computer
- Press F8, do this while the computer is getting started
- Select safe mode from the list
- Click on the desktop icon
- Go to the bottom-right part of the screen
- Click the setting icon
- Then Click control panel from the list
- Click on device manager from the list; this will expand the list of the drivers
- Right click the driver of the problematic device
- Press uninstall
- Click confirm device uninstall
- Once uninstallation is complete, restart the computer
The Above process will help you get rid of the problem.
#5 Verify which drive is causing this error by driver verifier
This is a process, which will help you determine which of the driver is causing you the error driver power state failure. As we start this process, you can always create a system restores point in case if anything goes wrong, so that you can come back to the original system. When we identify the driver which is causing the error, there might be possibilities that system will again show driver power state failure, error, at that time system restore point will be handy for us.
- Click on start menu
- Type verifier
- Press enter
- Select create custom settings
- Click on next
- Then Click on individual settings
- Click on next
- Check boxes- special pool, pool tracking, force IQRL checking, deadlock detection, security checks (windows 7)
- Click Select driver names from a list
- Click on Provider
- Check all drives, not from Microsoft
- Click Finish
- Restart computer
The Above method will help you determine the faulty driver which is causing the error driver power state failure.
Must Check: How to Fix Inaccessible Boot Device Error
#6 Updating BIOS
Updating BIOS is a critical process, and you should go ahead for it only if you think that you have enough knowledge and confidence to go ahead with this updating. Even if you are a pro, still this is recommended only when this update is very necessary, then should only go ahead with it. If you make any mistake in this BIOS updating, your system can become unusable, and you won’t have anyone else but yourself to blame. So if you are not very confident don’t go ahead just consult any computer engineer to help you out in this.
Below are the steps you can follow to update your BIOS
- Go to the website of your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer
- Search for your motherboard/computer makes model number and version.
- When you find the exact information just download the BIOS files
- Read the documents very carefully updated by the manufacturer as to how to update BIOS
- Make sure that your system is fully charged before you start this process of updating
- Now use the software options provided by the motherboard/ computer manufacturer
Hope these methods help you sort out your problem, and you can use your system without any Driver power state failure error. Before tempting to jump on the solution which seems the perfect solution to you, just try to go with the easy one first, As sometimes problem are not as big as we see them. So that you will be at minimal risk of losing data and information with your system.